THIS WEEK’S STORY LINES:
1. KENSETH WINS AT CALIFORNIA:
2. DW INTERVIEWS DALE, JR.:
3. RAIN THREATENS BUT DOESN’T INTERFERE:
4. OL KYLIE (TLVW) WINS TRUCKS AND NATIONWIDE RACES:
“All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray. I ‘ve been for a walk on a winter’s day. I’d be safe and warm if I was in LA. California Dreamin’ on such a winter’s day.”( John Phillips of the Mamas and Papas)
Well the NASCAR boys were, in fact, in LA this weekend. And the lyrics of this song rang true, all the leaves were brown, and the skies were gray! And I might think that some of the drivers felt safe in LA, maybe the SoCal natives!!
For sure one driver felt very safe in LA this weekend, Matt Kenseth! After not winning a single race in 2008, Kenseth wins two races in a row. He is only the fourth driver in all of NASCAR history to win the first two races of the season. The other three drivers to accompolish this fete were, Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, and Jeff Gordon.
Additionally, Ol Kylie Busch (The Las Vegas Weasel) did something that has never been accompolished in NASCAR history! TLVW won both the Trucks race and the Nationwide race in the same day, Saturday.
It has been seven days since the 2009 Daytona 500 and quite possibly the most talked about race crash since the 2001 Daytona 500 occured, that is when Dale Earnhardt, Sr. lost his life in a last lap crash. In an interview between Darrell Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. broadcast on Fox before the running of the Auto Club 500, the obvious question was put to Dale, Jr. His answer to the query regarding the Vickers-Jr. crash was in the typical Dale, Jr. fashion, straight from the hip and honest. Earnhardt, Jr. agreed that he had made a couple of crucial errors in the pits that were very costly!! He further admitted that because of those errors, the impending rain, and it was THE DAYTONA 500, he was driving very agressive!! He also said that he felt bad for 80% of those caught up in the accident. But for the other 20% he had no concern at all. He further stated that he had a big run on Vickers and thought that Vickers saw him coming. (Pretty obvious that Vickers did see him, cause he put a big block on Jr.) Jr. said that he really didn’t expect Vickers to put a BIG block on him. But he takes full responsibility for the wreck.
From my poll question posed to you , it appears that the majority of the voters indicated that they would HOLD THEIR LINE and KEEP IT MATTED!!!!!
Therefore, my conclusion is that Jr did just what the majority of you would have done, hold your line and keep it gassed!!!
I LOOKED IT UP SO THAT YOU WOULDN’T HAVE TO!!!