A change is coming, a change is coming!! We have been hearing this on the political campaign trail for oh so long! Well, this is my 100th post since the birth of this site and change is also coming here as well!!! My tech people( aka Jason) have added a few new features/widgets to the sidebar that I/we feel will add value to this publication.
You will notice that I have added a NASCAR Race Countdown feature. This will countdown to the next week’s race. Also it wll list a few interesting items associated with that race (closely look at the background, it’s AMP!!). The second new addition is the NASCAR Standings widget, which will keep us all up to date of the NASCAR standings. Lastly, I have added a quotes widget. It will post various quotes that I feel might be appropriate each week! I will also, from time to time, have a poll on my web site so that you can cast your vote on certain items that are of interest. This should make for, maybe, some intersting interaction and discussions!!
So as you can see this off season I have had my best people (Jason) working diligently to try to make this site both informative and very user friendly!!! That is ultimately my goal.
So as you can see, 2009 has brought/is bringing many changes to us, not only in Washington D.C., and in NASCAR, but to my web site as well! I will not enumerate the changes in D.C., since we have been saturated with the campaign for about the last two years nightly.
I tried to publish all the known changes in the Cup Series on my last post. I am now going to try to update you on the changes to the Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series !
1. Larry Foyt to drive the #56 MacHill Motorsports entry
2. Verizon to sponsor the #12 Penske Dodge driver by Justin Allgaier(Penske PR)
3. Michael Annett full season in the Germain Racing #12 Toyota (AnnettPR)
3. Paul Menard drives 16 races in the #98 Yates Ford (Yates PR)
4. Fastenal sponsors the #2 RCR Chevy driven by Bowyer and Truex
5. Scott Speed runs some races for Michael Waltrip Racing (nascar.com)
6. Ruetimann runs four races for Braun racing( Bruan Racing)
7. Stewart (The Smoker) attempts Daytona in HMS #80 Chevy (HMS PR)
8. Kerry Earnhardt to run #8 EGR(DEI) in Daytona
9. Joe Nemechek (Front Row Joe) in NEMCO #78 Chevy
10. Michael Mc Dowell drives the JTG/Daughtery entry(scenedaily)
11. Kyle Busch(TLVW) 18 races for JGR (espn.com)
1. Ricky Carmichael drives KHI #4 Monster Energy Chevy (KHI PR)
2. Max Papis six races for Germain Racing
3. Kyle Busch(TLVW) in #51 Ballew Racing Toyota (scenedaily)
4. Mike Wallace drives #71 TRG truck
5. Johnny Benson moves to #1 Red Horse Racing
As is my tradition, I will tie in the picture to my post. The picture is the 1959 Chevy that Junior Johnson won the 1960 Daytona 500. That is when, as the story goes, Junior discovered a thing later called “the draft“!!! His Chevy was so much slower than all the other cars, running by itself. But when he was out on the track with other cars he could “suck” up behind them, then pull out and sling-shot past them effortlessly!!! The next year “change” came to Daytona when everyone figured out how to “draft”!!!!
As always, I looked it up so that you wouldn’t have!